QA Roof Safe Plus is a design and construction quality control and defect risk management programme.
It provides for the pre-contract assessment of systems manufacturers and contractors, the independent auditing of the design and specification of the works and work in progress and Practical Completion technical inspections.
It also provides a 10, 15 or 20 year indemnity against the post completion cost of remediating any inherently defective design, specification, system and/or workmanship and repairing any resultant damage to the structure.
QA Roof Safe Plus offers added reassurance relative to innovative construction designs or the employment of cutting edge systems to achieve cost or timeframe economies or aesthetic enhancements.
It is available to new build, refurbishment and remediation projects on a whole of project or specialist subcontract works in isolation or combination only basis, including high risk weatherproofing elements.
- Quality is assured. The identification of the designers, manufacturers and contractors that we are prepared to accept is based on compliance with demanding standards. We only work with the best so you get the best.
- The asset value is preserved. The sale or rental value potential of the completed project is delivered through the quality of its design and construction.
- Uniquely QA Roof Safe Plus can be applied selectively to only the high risk element(s) of a project, e.g. structural concrete repair and/or weatherproofing envelope renewal.
- Revenue disruption is risk minimised. However, provision can be made for any residual potential of consequential financial deficit resulting from the loss of tenure of the building due to its defective condition and the remediation process, if this is a matter of concern.
- Concentration on core activity. Without the diversion of resources to identify the cause or causes of the sick building, the party or parties responsible, arranging the remediation procedures and pursuing recovery actions through the time consuming legal process, managers are able to concentrate on the core business activities.
- Future budgets are protected. Funding for new projects is secured against erosion due to unexpected expenditure arising from problems with those completed in the past. No nasty surprises down the line.
QA Roof Safe Plus can only be offered by NFRC members.
The stringent NFRC membership eligibility criteria and its robust application of them ensure the quality of the contractors participating in the Scheme – your assurance of competence and fair dealing.
Despite this for all but the smallest jobs there are individual independent project technical audits involving:
- Design and specification approval.
- Inspections of work in progress.
- Final audits on Practical Completion.
Only when the auditor signs off the job by the issue of an unqualified Certificate of Approval can the long term protection commence.
The residual latent defect risk management element is provided via conventional latent defects insurance tailored to reflect the contractor Member’s commitment to supporting the objectives of the programme.
In the first year the Member undertakes to rectify all defects. In the unlikely event that the Member has ceased trading through insolvency in that time the policy triggers to meet his obligations.
In years two through 10, 15 or 20 the policy provides for the rectification of defects, the repair of resultant damage to the building or structure and the reimbursement of specified associated costs and expenses.
A latent defect is a defect due to faulty design, specification, workmanship and/or materials not detectable on completion of the works but which becomes apparent and is reported within the currency of the policy.
Below are the available downloads for the scheme. The downloads are in PDF format and require a PDF viewer such as Adobe Reader to view them. If you don't have a viewer you can download one here.
A full specimen policy wording will be provided upon request.
The quality control projects audit fees range from £935.00 plus VAT for contract values of £50k to £100k to £1,760 plus VAT for £300k to £500k contracts. The fees for contracts over £500k are negotiable.
10, 15 and 20 year risk management protection is available.
The indicative cost parameters range from 2.10% of contract value for 10 year protection on contracts < £50,000, through 4.5% for 15 years on contracts from £50k to £100k to 4.60% for 20 year protection on contracts from £100k to £500k.
Charges for contract values > £500k are negotiable – please contact us to discuss.
NB. Non VAT registered clients will incur VAT on the Quality Assurance element cost which is approximately 33% of the total cost.
Seth Jee: 01273 831666 or email email@example.com
Barbara Wilson: 01292 268020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org